Many of us consider a massage as an occasional indulgence. However, massage should be viewed as part of your wellness plan. Massage therapy has an extensive range of health benefits. Here is our list of 15 reasons to get a massage.
- Can Boost Immune System. Studies have shown getting regular massages can make the immune system stronger. Massage therapy can boost the activity level of white blood cells that work to fight viruses.
- Can Relieve Stress. Massage therapy can also help decrease stress hormone levels and increase serotonin and dopamine levels.
- Can Decrease Anxiety. Massage therapy helps the body find relaxation, allowing one to relieve themselves of anxious thoughts. Massage can also help manage the fight-or-flight response which is commonly active in those with anxiety.
- Can Improve Sleep. Relieve insomnia and improve the quality of your sleep. Massage therapy can help you relax and can stimulate the hormones that improve sleep.
- Can Relieve Headaches. Most headaches stem from high stress levels and lack of good sleep. Massage therapy can help with both, and in turn, help relieve the tension of headaches and migraines.
- Can Help Lower Blood Pressure. Studies have shown that massage therapy can reduce diastolic and systolic blood pressure.
- Can Help Increase Range of Motion. Massage therapy relaxes overworked muscles, increases circulation to joints and can give you better flexibility.
- Can Increase Energy Levels. Massage therapy can lessen fatigue and boost energy levels by increasing recovery, reducing pain, easing stress and anxiety and improving sleep.
- Can Help Relieve Lower Back Pain. Massage therapy can offer relief of chronic or short-term pain.
- Can Help Reduce Tension. Muscles that remain in the state of tightening are not able to relax. A massage helps encourage those muscles to relax, resulting in a decrease in tension.
- Promotes Relaxation. Massage is very relaxing. It relaxes muscles and the mind.
- Can Help With Digestive Problems. Certain massage methods can prevent peristalsis which is the act of the muscles of your intestine involuntarily contracting to help the process and digestion of food.
- Can Help With Recovery From Strenuous Workouts. Getting a full-body massage is a great way to recover quicker from a harsh workout.
- Can Help Reduce Scar Tissue. Scar tissue is broken down through massage. This allows the body to heal quicker and lessen the appearance of a scar.
- Can Reduce Muscle Spasms and Cramping. Massage can help relax stressed muscles and swelling that causes spasms. Keep your muscles movable and increase blood flow with massage therapy.
- About the Author
- Latest Posts
Established in Slidell in 2016, Magic Touch Therapeutic Massage and Spa has been dedicated to enhancing well-being through specialized massage and healing techniques. With over two decades of experience, our services range from deep tissue and medical massage to myofascial release and trigger point therapy. Our intuitive and skilled approach has successfully treated a variety of conditions, including sciatic pain, fibromyalgia, and migraines, offering not just relief but a renewed sense of well-being.